Ετικέτες

Παρασκευή 15 Απριλίου 2016

More Witnesses to Mystery ‘WWII Ghost Bomber’ Seen Over England Come Forward



by
MUST CREDIT Rod Kirkpatrick / F Stop Press 16/05/13..A Lancaster bomber flies over the Ladybower Dam in The Peak District to mark the 70th anniversary of the dam busters raid on Germany...All Rights Reserved - F Stop Press. www.fstoppress.com. Tel: +44 (0)1335 300098.



My car window was open and this plane was so low that you could touch it – but it was completely silent.

A COUPLE driving in Derbyshire were left “speechless” and after seeing a “ghost plane” fly over their car. Richard Jephson, 52 and his wife, Helen, were out in their car in Rowsley at around 2.30pm on Monday August 3. Richard, a business advisor, said: “We were approaching a retail outlet and started slowing down to turn. “My wife saw it first, she shouted ‘what the hell’s that?’.
“I looked over and I could see a big plane, it looked like a Lancaster bomber, flying incredibly low – if it was any lower, it would have landed.” “My car window was open and this plane was so low that you could touch it – but it was completely silent.
The couple arrived back at home to look online to see if anybody else had seen it.
Richard said: “When we got in and turned on our television, the news was on saying that the last surviving Dambuster pilot had died – I said to Helen ‘perhaps it was an enthusiast paying their respects’, and Helen said ‘perhaps it was him’.
“It just left me speechless.”
“We sort of braced ourselves for a crash but nothing happened.”  Now other people have come forward to say that they also saw the plane as well – but in a different part of the county.
George Furnace lives at St Mary’s Nursing Home. He spent three years in an RAF ground crew and said he saw it from his bedroom window.  The 88-year-old said: “I heard it coming before I saw it. It was deafeningly loud but seemingly nobody else saw or heard it. It was flying very low and I went to my window to see if it had crashed.

SHARES
An air-to-air left side view of four B-24 Liberator aircraft in formation. The B-24 was built for World War II combat.
An air-to-air left side view of four B-24 Liberator aircraft in formation. The B-24 was built for World War II combat.
“I don’t think it was a Lancaster, I know what they look like. I think it appeared to be more like a Liberator.”
The Liberator was an American-made heavy bomber with four props. It was used in the Second World War by the RAF. There is a B24 Liberator still in the UK at the museum at RAF Hendon. George said: “Nobody believed me when I said that I had seen it but, after that couple came forward, my daughter showed me the report and I said to her that she had to believe me now!”
And golfer Richard Burley, 64, from Mickleover, also rang the Derby Telegraph offices to explain how he had seen the plane’s low flight across the county. Richard was travelling along the A52 from Buxton to Derby when he saw the plane travelling south-west across the sky, just before Brailsford, between 3pm and 3.30pm.
He said: “It was flying very, very low but there are quite a lot of trees at the point, so I couldn’t get a very good look at it.”It was definitely not a Lancaster, it was much smaller than that, but I couldn’t be sure.
“It had camo (camouflage) colouring and an antenna at the front. I couldn’t believe that nobody else had seen it!”
Via
Lancaster image credit: Rod Kirkpatrick / F Stop Press

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου